Good Morning! Happy Friday! Thank God it's the weekend! Hope whatever you have planned that you get to have some time for your self to relax and enjoy life! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. On average, this will last you about 11 years. What?
A. A Vehicle!
Bonehead Of The Day:
A forklift driver was due to receive a direct deposit paycheck of $992.75.
Instead, officials at Texas Steel Conversion mistakenly issued him a paycheck for $99,275.
The worker was captured on video making a large cash withdrawal, and has been charged with felony theft.
When they realized the mistake, Texas Steel Conversion employees tried to make arrangements to return the money. They "explained to Mr. Saldivar that if he returned the money he could avoid any legal action."
The worker "stated he felt like he did not do anything wrong, he did not have all of the money and needed some time to figure it out."
Turns out, the man opened a Wells Fargo money market account, in which he deposited $53,221.79. Out of the $99,275 paycheck, $38,450.86 was deducted for federal income tax, and $6,154.52 was deducted for Social Security.
Four days later he made two withdrawals - for $20,000 and $25,000. And a month later, he allegedly withdrew another $2,500.
Police arrested him on Sunday.
If convicted of the felony theft charge, he faces up to 10 years behind bars.
Man Comes Back To Life After Being Dead For 45 Minutes
A 37-year-old Ohio man came back to life after being declared dead 45 minutes earlier.
His wife noticed his breathing didn't sound right and called 911. She and her 17-year-old son performed CPR until help got there.
At the hospital, doctors tried every medicine they could, but he didn't respond. They declared him dead.
His son freaked out and ran to his room and shouted, "Dad, you're not going to die today." Shortly after that, doctors noticed a faint heartbeat.
They tried to revive him again and it worked. He is doing just fine.
There's no word what caused the emergency to begin with.
I Guess It Really Is Never Too Early To Start.. Stores Start Their Christmas Sales In August!
Stores are already beginning to promote their holiday offers.
Toys R Us is hoping to drive shoppers to their brick and mortar stores over the online competition by advertising their price match options - no matter what you can get at amazon.com or target.com - the store will match your price, guaranteed.
Walmart announced that beginning in September shoppers can put items on layaway for the holiday season - with no additional cost to open an account.
Experts say that jumping in early and making a statement on holiday shopping could be the difference between success and failure.
Shoppers may not be paying close attention either way - November 1 is when most truly pay attention to holiday deals.
~~Actor, Scott Caan is 37 (James' eldest son; Gone in 60 Seconds; Enemy of the State; Ocean's Eleven movies; Hawaii Five-0)
~~Actress, Barbara Eden is 79 (I Dream of Jeannie; Harper Valley PTA; Dallas, Sabrina's Great Aunt Irma)
~~Actor, Jay Mohr is 43 (Jerry Maguire; Ghost Whisperer; Gary Unmarried)
~~Actress, Shelley Long is 64 (Cheers' Diane Chambers; Outrageous Fortune, The Money Pit, Night Shift, Brady Bunch Movie's Carol Brady)
~~Actress, Vera Miles is 83 (Psycho; The Serchers; Hotel)
~~Actor, Brandon Tyler is 31 (Days of Our Lives' Philip Kiriakis)
~~Actor, Tony Bill is 73 (The Sting, My Bodyguard, Shampoo)
~~Actor Richard Sanders ("WKRP in Cincinnati"'s Less Nessman... turkeys could fly!) is 73
~~Jordon's Queen Noor is 62
~~NBA star Kobe Bryant is 35.
~~Actor/singer, Rick Springfield is 64
~~singer Julian Casablancas (The Strokes) is 35
~~Rock musician Dean DeLeo (Army of Anyone; Stone Temple Pilots) is 52.
~~Singer/songwriter, Edwyn Collins is 54
~~Country musician Ira Dean (Trick Pony) is 44.
~~Country singer Rex Allen Jr. is 66
~~Country Singer, Shelly Fairchild is 36
~~Country singer-musician Woody Paul (Riders in the Sky) is 64. â€¨
In Theaters This Weekend:
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (PG-13)
Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret group of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to save the world from demons. Stars Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Jemima West, Kevin Durand. (PROJECTION: $12 MIL.)
The World's End (-R-)
20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hellbent on trying the drinking marathon again. Stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Rosamund Pike, Paddy Considine. (PROJECTION: $8 MIL.)
You're Next (-R-)
Stars Ti West, Amy Seimetz, Joe Swanberg, AJ Bowen. (PROJECTION: $12 MIL.)
** "Lee Daniels' The Butler" is projected to bring in $16 million in its second weekend.***
Dentist Hopes To Cloan John Lennon With His Tooth
A Canadian dentist is hoping to clone John Lennon using DNA from one of his rotten teeth!
The dentist bought Lennon's molar at an auction in 2011. He has started sequencing the former Beatle's DNA, which is the first step in a process that scientists are suing to try to clone a woolly mammoth.
The dentist said: "Many Beatles fans remember where they were when they heard John Lennon was shot. I hope they also live to hear the day he was given another chance."
The tooth has already been sent to a secret US lab where scientists are "considering ways to extract its genetic code."
The molar was sold two years ago after it had been passed down by Lennon to his housekeeper. It had been in her family ever since.
Top 10 Secret Menu Items For Fast Food Chains
1. Poutine, A&W/Kentucky Fried Chicken---To get this, you'll need to go to a joint KFC and A&W location. They're not that easy to find. This fast-food poutine is a serving of A&W French fries smothered in gravy from the KFC counter right next door. This isn't the traditional way of serving poutine--up in Canada they serve the dish smothered in cheese curds as well as gravy--but it's also not typically served up in a small, orange box either.
2. Biscotti Frappuccino, Starbuck--First, a warning straight from the barista's mouth: Starbucks gets busy. Your neighborhood barista is almost always more than happy to mess around with crazy drink combinations for you, except for when they have 12 people waiting in line. It's any ordinary version of the frozen drink, except with a biscotti blended in to give the entire thing a great cookie crunch.
3. Nachos, Chipotle--One of the other great things about Chipotle is that the employees will try to make pretty much anything they can for you. As company policy, if they've got the ingredients, and your order's not too crazy, they're willing to give it a try. An order of Chipotle nachos is fantastic. It comes with a plate full of chips, covered with cheese, meat, beans and choice of salsas.
4. Cheese Fries, Five Guys Burgers & Fries--Five Guys' French fries are already some of the best around, especially the Cajun seasoning. The employees are also willing to cover them with cheese and bake for a minute before serving them to you.
5. Animal Style, In-N-Out--In-N-Out's online "secret" menu was the first of its kind and has inspired fast food diners to try their luck everywhere else they go. Their Animal Style is a cheeseburger of your choice with the addition of lettuce, tomato, mustard cooked patty, pickles, grilled onions and extra spread.
6. Chicken Quesadilla, Chick-fil-A--Chick-fil-A has some of the best chicken of any fast food restaurant out there. Did you know that Chick-fil-A had tortillas behind the counter? The chicken quesadilla at Chick-fil-A is fantastic.
7. The Penny Pincher, Starbucks--The penny pincher is a little bit like a Cuban coffee. Order yourself a double shot of espresso poured over ice, preferably just one cube so the drink doesn't get too watered down. Then add one to two packs of brown sugar. Don't use the artificial sweeteners for this; they'll throw the whole flavor off, plus the sugar crystals actually help break down the ice and mix the whole thing together. The result is a cool, sweetened espresso drink that is absolutely fantastic. To really make the whole thing go further, you can add more ice, but just remember that each cube dilutes the flavor that much more.
8. The Ham and Cheese, Burger King--Burger King's secret menu has a sandwich served on a hamburger bun and made with the ham and cheese from different parts of the menu. A word of warning: Burger Kings don't really play as well as others when it comes to the whole off menu philosophy. They'll try to help, but don't be surprised if you find a place that just doesn't want to bother.
9. Blueberry Cheesecake Milkshake, Chick-fil-A--Unfortunately this one isn't available everywhere. Not every store serves the blueberry cheesecake dessert, and if they haven't got it, they haven't got it. For the stores that do serve it, ask them to throw a slice in the blender with your vanilla milkshake. Chick-fil-A's shakes are already some of the best in the fast food industry.
10. Quesarito, Chipotle--This is a hybrid between the quesadilla and a burrito. It's a tortilla filled with melted cheese that's then opened up for you to stuff whatever you want inside of it. Finally, it's closed back up, rolled and served like a burrito. In other words, it's a burrito lined with melted cheese around the entire outside edge.
Video Of The Day:
I've been to some strange weddings but this is funny.. Enjoy!