HAPPY FRIDAY!! So glad the weekend is here. Hope you have a great one. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. According to a new study, when going out to eat, 7 out of 10 people will do this. What?
A. Order the Usual!
Bonehead Of The Day:
Three crooks in Springfield, Mass jumped a delivery guy and tried to steal his car… but none of them knew how to drive a stick shift.
The driver showed up with a food order and called to tell the people he was there when the men rushed him, and one of them pulled out a knife. They demanded the food and his car keys.
Once they saw the car was a manual transmission they argued over who could drive it, then they ended up taking off on foot with just the food.
The driver wasn't hurt, and cops haven't found the crooks.
Putting The Fun In Family Disfunction: Sister Of Groom Calls Off Wedding Because She Doesn't Like The Bride.
A UK woman secretly canceled her brother's wedding because she didn't like his bride-to-be.
The woman pretended to be her now sister-in-law during a phone call where she told officials that she wanted to cancel the wedding just 20 days before the wedding date.
The sister then called her brother and told him: 'I've saved you on the divorce .I have cancelled your wedding. Would you like me to send you the confirmation email?
Her brother's fiancee then called the police who charged the sister with harassment, and the couple was able to re-book their wedding immediately.
The two women's relationship had reportedly been tense becausethey didn't agree about the care of the man's mother.
The Professor From Gilligan's Island Has Passed
Only Mary Ann and Ginger are left now. Russell Johnson, who played "the professor" on Gilligan's Island, has died at age 89.
Johnson has a long list of acting credits to his name, but it was his role on Gilligan's Island from 1964-67 that is by far his best remembered.
Only Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann, and Tina Louise, who played Ginger, are still alive from the main cast.
Dawn Wells posted on Facebook: "Russell was a true gentleman, a good father, a great friend, and 'the rest'. I love him and shall miss him."
Smartphones, Dumber Owners
Smartphones are getting more sophisticated and this is bad news for many owners who don't already know how to use their current smartphone.
A recent poll found 62% of Americans now own a smartphone and about 81% of users send text messages — one of the easiest functions to use on a smartphone.
But only half of users download apps and read or send e-mail on their smartphone. Some of that is became the users don't know how to do those things.
And as smartphones get more sophisticated the users are more likely not to know how to use them properly.
Here's Your Chance To Be Like Bond
James Bond fans will be familiar with the 007 device called the "re-breather", a mouthpiece that keeps you breathing underwater.
A South Korean designer, and Bond nerd, decided to turn his movie fantasy into a reality and created a gadget that'll turn you into a fish.
It basically looks like a mouthpiece with a pair of handlebars coming out of it. You bite down into the mouthguard and those handlebar-looking arms work like the gills of a fish - turning water into oxygen.
Right now the device is still in the concept stages, but lookout it could be a reality at any time.
Could Be Bonehead Tattoed Seahawks Superbowl Champs Before The Big Game
At the beginning of the football season, a Seattle Seahawks fan was so confident the Seahawks would win the Super Bowl this year he got a tattoo on his right forearm that already declared the Seahawks as champs.
The guy said 95 percent of 'Hawks fans approve of his tattoo. The other 5 percent think he's going to bring the team bad luck.
He got the tattoo because he's a true fan who believes in the Seahawks' ability. But even his tattoo artist was a little apprehensive. He and his fellow artists are now offering discounted Seahawks tattoos through the end of the playoffs. Instead of charging $150 per hour, their fee is down to about $100 per hour.
More Sad News Dave Madden AKA Reuben Kincaid In The Partridge Family Has Passed
"The Partridge Family" star Dave Madden died at the age of 82 after a long illness.
Madden was best known for his role at Partridge Family manger Reuben Kincaid on the hit 1970s show. He also appeared on 70s TV show "Laugh-In."
He died in Florida where he lived with his wife.
~~Boxing legend/Humanitarian, Muhammad Ali is 72
~~First Lady, Michelle Obama is 50
~~Actor/comedian, Jim Carrey is 52 (In Living Color's Pee Wee Herman, Fire Marshall Bill, Vera de Milo, & regular; Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, Batman Forever' The Riddler, Ace Ventura -When Nature Calls, The Cable Guy, The Truman Show, Me Myself and Irene, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Majestic, Bruce Almighty, Mr. Sunshine, Lemony Snickets' A Series of Unfortunate Events, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind; Fun with Dick and Jane, The Number 23, Horton Hears a Who, Yes Man, Under The Sea 3-Dl many more)
~~Actress, Betty White is 92 (Life with Elizabeth, Date with the Angels, Jack Paar Show semi reg, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Liar's Club-Password-& Match Game panelist, Betty White Show, Mama's Family, The Golden Girls' & Golden Palace's Rose Nylund, Hot In Cleveland; The Proposal)
~~Actor, James Earl Jones is 83 (As the World Turns, Gabriel's Fire; Shakesperian voice; Darth Vader voice; Lion King voice; Great White Hope, Exorcist II, Coming to America; Soul Man, Hunt For Red October, Field of Dreams, Under One Roof)
~~Actress, Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) is 34 ((500) Days of Summer; Elf)
~~'Dancing With The Stars' pro, Maksim Chmerkovskiy is 34
~~Actor/Radio & TV Host, Steve Harvey is 57 (Steve Harvey Show, Steve Harvey's Big Time, The Fighting Temptations, Racing Stripes; The Original Kings of Comedy; Family Feud)
~~Actor, Denis O'Hare (True Blood) is 52 (American Horror Story; The Good Wife)
~~Voice actress, Caitlin Sanchez (Dora The Explorer) is 18
~~Political figure, Robert Kennedy Jr. is 60 (Son of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy)
~~Actor/DJ, Connor Cruise (Tom Cruise's adopted son with Nicole Kidman) is 19
~~Hair stylist to the stars, Vidal Sassoon is 86
~~Talk-show host Maury Povich is 75
~~Actor Freddy Rodriguez ("Six Feet Under") is 39. (Ugly Betty)
~~Actor, Naveen Andrews (Lost) is 45
~~NBA star, Dwyane Wade is 32
~~Ex-NHL star, Jeremy Roenick is 44
~~Baseball legend, Don Zimmer is 82
~~Retired NFL star, Derrick Mason is 40
~~Rocker, Kid Rock is 43
~~Singer Susanna Hoffs (of The Bangles) is 55
~~Rapper, Lil' Jon is 43
~~Drummer Jon Wysocki (Staind) is 46
~~Singer/reality star, Ray J is 33. (Brandy's bro)
~~DJ Calvin Harris is 30
~~Country Singer, Steve Earle is 59
~~Country singer Amanda Wilkinson (of The Wilkinsons) is 32.
~~Drummer Jeremiah Fraites (of The Lumineers) is 28.
In Theaters This Weekend
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (PG-13)
Story takes place prior to the original Jack Ryan stories. Ryan is a young stockbroker working for a billionaire in Moscow before joining the CIA. Stars Chris Pine, Kenneth Branagh, Kevin Costner, Keira Knightley. (PROJECTION: $15 MIL+.)
The Nut Job (PG)
Starring (voices of) Katherine Heigl, Will Arnett, Brendan Fraser, Stephen Lang. (PROJECTION: $15 MIL.)
Ride Along (PG-13)
Stars Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, John Leguizamo, Tika Sumpter. (PROJECTION: $30 MIL+.)
Devil's Due (-R-)
Starring: Allison Miller, Zach Gilford and the Devil Baby. (PROJECTION: $7 MIL.)
*** "Lone Survivor" could gross $30 million for the four-day weekend. ***
1 In 6 Parents Do All Their Childrens Homework
A study shows one in six parents do all of their children's homework on a regular basis.
Nearly two thirds of parents said they help their child with homework. The study polled 2,000 parents with kids between the ages of 5 and 15.
One in ten parents admitted helping their children avoided temper tantrums and getting in a bad mood.
The study showed 70% of kids were happy to have their homework done for them while 38% walked away while the homework was being done.
One quarter of the parents admitted the work was too hard, and two thirds of them admitted they couldn't help their kids because the work was too hard.
Simple Tips For A Happy & Successful Life
1. Think big and small--Success is almost always the culmination of a series of mini successes and that's easy to forget when you read about over-overachievers. Advancing yourself, whether in your career or level of fitness, is all about nailing small goals. A study on dietary and physical activity goals found that people were more likely to achieve specific goals, like "walk one mile at lunch three times this week," than grand, vague ones like "exercise more often." Create a spreadsheet of goals, note the tactics and resources that will help, and schedule check-ins with yourself.
2. Put in the time--Connections and luck only get you so far. Hard work's a sign of success, but our culture doesn't always prove it. Work won't feel like a four-letter word if you're passionate about what you're doing. As for the tasks you dread, they'll be easier if you focus on what you'll get out of them.
3. Build up grit--Grit can be as essential to success as talent or intelligence. You don't have to be born with it. Anyone can have incredible determination and achieve great things if they set their mind to it. The more detailed you can be, the more motivating it is. Pep talks also help.
4. Make failure work for you--Successful types view setbacks as learning opportunities, not irreversible disasters. Research shows that people with a history of some setbacks are likely to have more satisfying lives. Take time to dissect failures. Then move on. Forget yesterday's performance and focus on the now.
5. Keep emotions in check--Managing your emotions so they work for you, not against you, is a common behavior of people with successful careers and relationships. If you're upset, pause and ask yourself why. See if you're overreacting or if you misperceived something, or if some other issue is adding to your anger.
6. Supercharm 'em--People are getting ruder and that's one reason someone with finesse stands out. And it can pay off. A study found that "feminine charm" (being warm, friendly, and even a little flirty) produces good results for women in salary negotiations and more. There are specific behaviors of world-class charmers: They smile and are animated when they talk, they make eye contact, they use people's names, and they listen.
A Headband That Could Help You Control Your Dreams
The Aurora headband is here and it may be able to influence our dreams.
The smart headband uses lights and sounds while tracking your brainwaves and eye movements to influence your dreams and to also wake you up at exactly the right time. The $175 headband syncs with an app on your phone where you can program the music that plays and set your alarm.
Apparently you notice the lights in your dream and it helps you to realize that you are in fact dreaming - which could open up possibilities to what you can achieve in your dreams.
Video Of The Day:
A funny one for your Friday.. Enjoy!