Good Morning! Happy Friday! Thank God the weekend is almost here. Hope you have a great one. Here’s what you missed on today’s show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. Almost 1 out of 3 couples share one of these. What?
A. An Email account
Bonehead Of The Day
An Iowa man lost his job when he tried to get a Twix candy bar out of a vending machine at work.
He was working his warehouse job (Polaris Industries) when he put a buck in the machine for a Twix. The candy bar didn't come out, so he put another dollar in. Still no luck. He banged and shook the machine and still couldn't get them out.
He drove an 8,000 lb forklift over, raised the machine two feet up, and dropped it on the concrete floor six times.
He eventually got three Twix bars.
And five days later he lost his job.
The company turned down his unemployment over what the judge called a "purposeful disregard for the employer's interests."
Since he was fired the warehouse has put "all new vending machines" in.
Clever Girl Scout Sets Up Shop Outside Of Medical Marijuana Clinic
A 13-year-old girl and her mother set up shop to sell Girl Scout Cookies outside of a medical marijuana clinic in San Francisco.
The girl sold 117 boxes in two hours outside of the clinic.
Things Facebook Could Have Bought For 19 Billion Instead Of Whatsapp
Facebook bought the messaging app WhatsApp for $19 billion.
You can buy a LOT of stuff for $19 billion, like 678 nuclear bombs, 4 world trade centers, 12.6 billion hot dogs and 200 million years of Netflix.
So why is WhatsApp so relevant for Facebook?
For acces to its users all over the world, because people can text and message people Internationally for no additional cost-- and with no ads using the service. It's also insanely popular with teens - which is a demographic Facebook is dying to get back in with.
The Flaming Volcano Pizza
Volcano pizza comes from a Aspen Landing in Wisconsin.
It comes in one size, but with up to three toppings the price is right at $10.95.
The restaurant owner describes it: "It's a double-crusted pizza with a dome. When we take it to the table, we cut a little hole in it and ignite it with some alcohol. After it burns out, we remove the dome and that is served with our homemade marinara sauce for dipping. Underneath is a normal pizza, already cooked to order."
~~Actor Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) is 59. (Cheers; Boss)
~~Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt is 35. (Party of Five; Ghost Whisperer; I Know What You Did Last Summer movies, The Tuxedo, Garfield: The Movie; The Client List)
~~Actor, William L. Petersen is 61 (Return To Lonesome Dove, Manhattan, Young Guns II, Fear, CSI's Gil Grissom)
~~Actor, Alan Rickman is 68 (Harry Potter's Professor Severus Snape; Die Hard 1988; Galaxy Quest; Love, Actually)
~~Actress Ellen Page ("Juno") is 27. (Smart People; Whip It; Inception; X-Men: The Last Stand; Hard Candy)
~~Actor Corbin Bleu ("High School Musical," ''Jump In!") is 25.
~~"Twilight" hottie, Ashley Greene is 27
~~Actor, Christopher Atkins is 53 (The Blue Lagoon)
~~Actor, William Baldwin is 51 (Backdraft; Flatliners; Fair Game; The Squid and the Whale; Alec's brother)
~~Actor, Woody Brown is 55 (Flamingo Road's Skipper, The Facts of Life's Cliff, Young and the Restless' Jake)
~~Actor, Jack Coleman is 56 (State Sen. on The Office; The Vampire Diaries' Bill Forbes; Heroes' Noah Bennet)
~~Actress, Tyne Daly is 67 (Cagney & Lacey; Judging Amy)
~~Actress, Christine Ebersole is 61 (Amadeus; One Life to Live; Richie Rich; Royal Pains)
~~Prince Michael II (Michael Jackson's son) is 12
~~Actor, Gary Lockwood is 77 (2001: A Space Odyssey)
~~Actor Anthony Daniels (C3P0 in "Star Wars" films) is 68
~~NBA star, Steve Francis is 37
~~Fitness guru Jake Steinfeld (Body By Jake) is 56
~~Bassist Eric Wilson (Sublime) is 44.
~~Keyboardist Jerry Harrison (of Talking Heads) is 65.
~~Singer Ranking Roger (of General Public and of English Beat) is 53.
~~Bassist Tad Kinchla (of Blues Traveler) is 41
~~Record company executive David Geffen is 71
~~Singer, Mary-Chapin Carpenter is 56
~~Country singer Eric Heatherly is 44
~~British pop singer, Charlotte Church is 28
In Theaters This Weekend
3 Days to Kill (PG-13)
Action-thriller starring Kevin Costner, Hailee Steinfeld, Amber Heard, Connie Nielsen. (PROJECTION: $11-$13 MIL.)
Set in 79 A.D., a slave turned invincible gladiator, finds himself in a race against time to save his true love, the beautiful daughter of a wealthy merchant unwillingly engaged to mary a corrupt Roman Senator. Stars Kit Harington, Emily Browning, Jared Harris, Kiefer Sutherland. (PROJECTION: $13 MIL.)
** The Lego Movie could earn $30 million+ in its third weekend…***
6 Ways To Look More Productive At Work
1. Don't Multi-Task--So many of us are convinced that multi-tasking is a path to better productivity. Unfortunately, the opposite is true. People who swear by multi-tasking actually tend to get less done and produce lower quality work than those who focus on one goal or task at a time. The co-worker who brags about his or her ability to do "three things at once" is probably not doing any of them well.
2. Don't Forget to Take Breaks--Another thing that people tend to do is overwork themselves. The idea that being at your desk and refusing to make contact with the world for eight hours is wrong in more than a few ways. The effects of staring at your computer screen are bad. Taking a 15 second micro break from staring at your screen, generally once every ten minutes, can help reduce eye fatigue and general visual exhaustion by a huge chunk.
3. Don't Eat Lunch at Your Desk--Staying at your desk during lunch actually messes with your productivity, not only because you're exposing yourself to more eyestrain but also because you're forcing your brain to focus on the same topics and tasks for too long a period of time. Not taking a proper lunch break also tends to lead you towards unhealthy foods. Workers who are worried about getting back to their desk during their lunch hour tend to gravitate towards fast food or vending machines for lunch, which only offer empty calories and none of the energy workers need to make it to 5:00.
4. Do Similar Tasks at Similar Times—The brain tends to function by grouping similar things together, so it makes sense why it would benefit your productivity to do tasks that require similar skills, thought processes and actions at similar times. Planning out your day so that similar tasks can be completed within the same time frame can help you get more done by taking advantage of the way that your brain naturally works.
5. Know Your Socialization Limits--Another part of bad productivity at work is the tendency to socialize all day. It's nice to work with people that you get along with, but the urge to make work into an all-day social can have disastrous effects on your productivity. The easiest way to fight socialization is to set aside times when you can catch up on each other's day and the latest news, discuss any casual work issues or goings on and enjoy one another's company. It's easier to save a great story until the time arrives, rather than leave your desk in the middle of a project to talk to a co-worker for what could end up being a serious chunk of time. Set limits and stick to them.
6. Proper Use of Headphones is a Must—Headphones can really help you focus and drown out general office noises around you. When you need to escape a busy work space, headphones are great. A negative result of wearing headphones is that it can remove you from office culture. Tuning out all day can create a distance between you and your co-workers that can have a negative effect on communication levels and cause you to be a step behind when it comes to office knowledge.
The 14 Types Of People You Find On Facebook
1. The Creeper- That person who relentlessly refreshes their ex's page just to "see how bad they're doing."
2. The Humble Bragger- The person who is telling the world how much better they are than you through terms like #Blessed or "Is this real life?"
3. The Blatant Bragger- Something great just happened i.e engagements, shiny new things, animals, "hubbies," jobs, life in general. Facebook must know.
4. The Ranter- This person LOVES stating their views and utilizing the First Amendment to it's full extent. To them, they shine during election season.
5. The Promoter- They are always spreading the news about their next project, including, but not limited to: bands, videos, blogs, BuzzFeed posts, and artwork.
6. The Derp- That one person who always sends chain mail, and gets their "account hacked."
7. The Egotist- You know that person who always shares their selfies, duck faces, and "modeling pics."
8. The xxscenexx- They post suuuuper depressing lyrics from songs and love black shaggy side bangs
9. The Overly Excited Animal Lover- This is the person that cannot help but post the next videos of grumpy cats, bunnies, red pandas, etc. or even their own little cat/dog.
10. The Mom- They always tend to put too much information on each others' walls.
11. The Gamer- Facebook only there for the sole purpose of getting more lives in Candy Crush.
12. The Troll- Nothing gets them off more than finding a mistake in a post.
13. The Lovebird- Their Facebook is all about the dates, anniversaries by month, and pictures of their significant other.
14. The Reporter- Their posts usually begin with SPOTTED or BREAKING. They know the news first, right when it happens.
Video Of The Day
So I’m interested in these secret menu items that certain fast food restaurants have. Here’s a video about the secret menu items you have to try at Taco Bell. Enjoy