Good Morning! Hey it's not Monday, so that's good in my book.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: In a police office survey, they claim THIS is the #1 excuse for speeding.
A: Having to go to the bathroom
Bonehead Of The Day:
A Tampa Bay area woman faces assault charges after allegedly chasing her boyfriend in a car-- trying to run him off the road.
She went on a rampage after her boyfriend didn't bother call her during his meal break.
They argued, he drove off but she chased him in her car. When they confronted each other in a 7-Eleven parking lot, she pulled out a knife.
When witnesses called 911 she went after them in her car. She then crashed into a strip mall and led a deputy on a chase.
The girlfriend was arrested and has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless driving and fleeing to elude police.
About That Do Not Call List.. Yeah Robocallers Are Getting Around That
The average monthly complaints from consumers who signed up for the national Do Not Call list -- but are still getting telemarketing calls -- has jumped 63% from 2011.
The Federal Trade Commission maintains the list, and its director said that much of the blame is on the advancement of computerized robocalls.
Illegal robocall operations are taking advantage of increasingly sophisticated technology that has made it easier and easier to simultaneously send thousands of robocalls costing less than one cent per minute.
It used to require a lot of service and a lot of computers to carry out so many calls, but that is no longer the case.
Sip On This.. Lime & Garlic Flavored Beer
Avocado, lime and garlic beer?
Los Angeles-based Angel City Brewery let the flavors infuse in a barrel and launched his off-the-wall ale this past weekend.
The $6-a-pint beer has been described as 'subtle' and with a 'creamy finish.'
The brewers mixed more than 100 pounds of avocado to the traditional malt and hops mix along with crushed red pepper, garlic, lime and cilantro to create the unique recipe.
Other inventions by the brewery include the Pickle Weiss, and the French Sip- brewed with beef bouillon and au jus.
E-Cigarettes Are Just As Harmfull As Regular Cigarettes
A new study has found that e-cigarettes contain carcinogen chemicals that can cause cancer - just like your old fashioned cigarettes.
In some models of these the amount of formaldehyde (yes that stuff they store dead bodies in) is just about equal to those of traditional cigarettes.
Some places are getting ready to add the same bans to electronic cigarettes as to traditional ones as their smoke is harmful to those that are around them. Many users and sellers of the cigarette are outraged about these changes as it completely ruins the marketing message of the e-cigarette - that it is far less harmful and something you're able to do indoors.
~~Actor Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee Herman) is 61. (Pee Wee's Playhouse, Gong Show's lounge-singing Indian, Batman Returns' Penguin's dad, You Don't Know Jack host as Troy Stevens)
~~Actress, Alexa Vega is 25 (Spy Kids)
~~Actor, Aaron Paul ("Breaking Bad") is 34 ( The Last House on the Left)
~~Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan is 44
~~Actress, Chandra Wilson (" Grey's Anatomy") is 44
~~Actress, Barbara Bach is 67 (Mrs. Ringo Starr; The Spy Who Loved Me)
~~Designer, Tom Ford is 52
~~Host, "Downtown" Julie Brown is 50
~~Actress, Sarah Chalke ("Scrubs") is 37
~~Actress, Diana Scarwid is 58 (Extermites, Psycho 3, Strange Invaders, Heat)
~~Actor, Peter Stormare is 60 (Fargo; Armageddon, Watching Ellie's Ingvar, Prison Break; The Big Lebowski; many more)
~~Actress Tuesday Weld is 70. (Once Upon a Time in America; Looking for Mr. Goodbar; Thief; Falling Down)
~~Actor G.W. Bailey ("Police Academy" movies) is 69. (The Closer)
~~Actress Demetria McKinney ("House of Payne") is 35.
~~Actor Patrick J. Adams ("Suits") is 32
~~WWE star Dalip Singh is 41
~~Bassist Tony Kanal (of No Doubt) is 43
~~Guitarist Alex Lifeson (of Rush) is 60.
~~Guitarist Jon Siebels (of Eve 6) is 34.
~~Bassist Glen Matlock (Original bassist of The Sex Pistols) is 57.
~~Singer Mario is 27.
~~Singer Mario Winans is 39
~~Gospel singer Yolanda Adams is 52.
~~Rapper Mase is 36
~~Percussionist Bobo (of Cypress Hill) is 45
~~Musician Daryl Dragon (of the Captain and Tennille) is 71
~~Singer-bassist Tim Bogert (of Vanilla Fudge) is 69
~~Country singer Colt Ford is 44.
~~Guitarist Jeff Cook (of Alabama) is 64.
~~Guitarist Matthew Basford (of Yankee Grey) is 51
~~Country singer/songwriter Jeffrey Steele is 52
New On DVD This Week:
The Great Gatsby (PG-13)
Stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan
Pain & Gain (-R-)
Stars Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson
At Any Price (-R-)
Stars Zac Efron, Dennis Quaid
Pawn Shop Chronicles (-R-)
Stars Norman Reedus, Elijah Wood
The Reluctant Fundamentalist (-R-)
Stars Riz Ahmed, Kate Hudson
Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's (PG-13)
Stars William Fichtner, Mary-Kate Olsen
Stars Christian Slater, Brendan Fehr
Super Buddies (-G-)
Stars John Ratzenberger, Jason Earles
TV on DVD
Elementary: The First Season
Grey's Anatomy: Complete Ninth Season
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season
Call Me Fitz: The Complete Third Season
Having Babies At Home Is A New Trend
Though home births only account for 1% of birth methods by mothers, the number has shot up 50% nationally between 2004 and 2011.
In certain circles, like trendy Brooklyn it has become chic to give birth at home.
In New York, where walls are thin and neighbors hear everything, you'd think hearing someone giving birth in the bathtub down the hall would have people heading for the hills and not wanting to join in on the natural phenomenon.
But some doctors worry that home births are a type of mommy one-upsmanship were women feel like they need to out do other mothers they know by being ‘more natural' than someone else.
6 Tips To End Your Long Dating Drought
1. Always keep your eyes open for potential dates--People don't realize how many opportunities they have to meet new people. You don't have just Friday and Saturday to be social. Every single time you step outside the house is an opportunity for finding romance. Just keeping your eyes open go for a coffee run or walk to the post office will make you notice how many potential love matches are running around doing their errands, too. And leave your earbuds at home. Blasting music not only puts you in a zone where you don't notice others, but wearing headphones in public also warns everyone to not bother you.
2. Radiate "notice-me" vibes everywhere you go--People are drawn to positive energy. Acting confident, even if you have to fake it, will make others take notice of you. It sounds simple, but just smiling more often can help you get the romantic rewards you want. A study found that 64% of people agree that those who smile widely appear to be more outgoing. Here's another body-language move: The next time you catch someone's eye, raise your eyebrows a touch and turn your body toward theirs to show a hint of interest. Maintain eye contact for a couple of seconds and shoot the other person a smile.
3. Focus on pursuing your favorite interests--When you're single, you have more time to discover all the different sides to your own unique personality, which makes you more appealing to the opposite sex. By making yourself your own number-one priority for a while, you'll find yourself and feel better prepared to take on the dating scene.
4. Get comfortable with stepping out alone (or at least breaking away from the pack for part of an evening)--You're already feeling lonely as it is and your friends are willing to keep you company. But the real advice is to just make sure you're not always socializing with a friend or two attached at the hip when you're out and looking to meet dates. If you're out having cocktails with a couple of your buddies, heading up to the bar solo to order a drink makes you a lot more accessible to someone who's interested and looking for an opportunity to say hello.
5. Take a cue from the opposite sex and go wherever they usually hang out instead--Ladies, go where the men congregate together; gentlemen, get into mostly female territory. Stepping outside of your comfort and gender zone is a great way to challenge yourself and discover new opportunities for different kinds of conversation.
6. Take control of your single status by being proactive and projecting a more positive outlook--Challenge yourself to start a few conversations and mingle more often with strangers when you're out and about on your own. If you're in a bookstore, practice your flirting skills with others. Head into the cookbook aisle and ask someone for advice on what to buy based on your current dietary needs. Chat with someone while you're both waiting for a bus to arrive. The idea is that the more you reach out, the more likely you are to connect with other single people or even those who are paired up themselves, but have friends who are single and looking for someone like yourself to date. Sooner or later, your luck will change and by staying socially active and confident, you'll help make that happen even faster than you thought!
Video Of The Day:
Today's video is a pretty funny video.. Inventions made better.. Enjoy!