Well here we are Tuesday.. My last day of being 37.. Ugh, i'm feeling every bit of 38 and more. I need some way to feel young again.. Anybody got a fountain of youth lying around? LOL... Ah enough of me dreading tomorrow.. Here's what you missed today.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was caught on video yesterday, bum-rushing a female Councillor as the council voted to strip him of most of his mayoral powers.
It looks like he was going after someone and the woman was in his path.
Even with limited power, the Mayor is still vowing to do the job until the people of Toronto vote next year.
College Is Renaming Their Journalism School After Ron Burgundy
Emerson College in Boston is renaming its Journalism school after Will Ferrell's character in Anchorman, Ron Burgundy.
The actor is coming to speak at the college (Dec 4th) in character as the fictitious anchorman so the school is renaming the school the Ron Burgandy School of Communication for that one day only.
He's there to do a news conference, a ceremony to rename the school, and a screening of "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" that he will introduce.
People Love Them Some PS4's
The Play Station 4 sold more than 1 million units in North America in the first 24 hours it was available.
That's nearly five times the number of PlayStation 3's they sold in the first two weeks when that went on sale.
This makes it Sony's fasting selling console.
~~Actress Meg Ryan is 52. (As the World Turns' Betsy Montgomery, Top Gun, Innerspace, Presidio, When Harry Met Sally (YES!, YES!, YES!...), Joe Vs. the Volcano, The Doors, Sleepless in Seattle, Courage Under Fire, Addicted to Love, City of Angels, You've Got Mail, Hanging Up, Proof of Life; Dennis Quaid's wife, Kate and Leopold, In The Cut, Against the Ropes, The Women)
~~Actress Jodie Foster is 51. (The Accused, Silence of the Lambs, 'Maverick' movie, Home For The Holidays, Contact, Anna and the King, Flight Plan, Panic Room, Inside Man, Nim's Island)
~~Talk show host Larry King is 80
~~Talk show host Dick Cavett is 77
~~Media mogul Ted Turner is 75
~~Former GE CEO Jack Welch is 78
~~Victoria Secret model Lindsay Ellingson is 27
~~Journalist Ann Curry is 57
~~Actress Allison Janney ("The West Wing") is 54. (American Beauty)
~~Fashion designer Calvin Klein is 71
~~Sportscaster Ahmad Rashad is 64
~~Actress Terry Farrell ("Becker") is 50. ( Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax)
~~Actor Alan Young ("Mr. Ed") is 94.
~~Actor Dan Haggerty is 72. (The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams)
~~Actor Robert Beltran ("Star Trek: Voyager") is 60. (Models Inc)
~~Actress Kathleen Quinlan is 59. (Apollo 13; The Hills Have Eyes 2006; Family Law; Prison Break)
~~Astronaut, Eileen Collins is 57 (first female Space Shuttle Commander)
~~Chef Rocco DiSpirito is 47
~~Actor, T. C. Carson is 55 ( Living Single; Life With Louie)
~~Actor, Jason Scott Lee is 47 (Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story; The Jungle Book; Hawaii Five O)
~~Actor, Eric Nenninger is 36 (Malcolm in The Middle)
~~Drummer Matt Sorum (of Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses) is 53.
~~Drummer Travis McNabb (Better Than Ezra) is 44.
~~Singer Tamika Scott (of Xscape) is 38.
~~Rapper Lil' Mo is 36.
~~Singer Tony Rich is 42.
~~Singer Jason Albert (Heartland) is 40
~~Country singer Billy Currington is 40.
~~Slide guitarist, Chad Jeffers is 38
New On DVD
2 Guns (-R-)
Stars Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg
All is Bright (-R-)
Stars Paul Rudd, Paul Giamatti
And While We Were Here (-R-)
Stars Kate Bosworth, Jamie Blackley
Breaking the Girls
Stars Madeline Zima, Agnes Bruckner
Stars Michael Cera, Gaby Hoffmann
Stars Liam Hemsworth, Gary Oldman
Stars Dane Cook, Val Kilmer
The To-Do List (-R-)
Stars Aubrey Plaza, Andy Samberg
Violet & Daisy (-R-)
Stars Saoirse Ronan, Alexis Bledel
We're the Millers (-R-)
Stars Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston
The World's End (-R-)
Stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost
TV on DVD:
Treme: The Complete Third Season
Touched By An Angel: The Ninth & Final Season
Selfie Named Word Of The Year For 2013
The word "selfie" has been named as the Oxford Dictionaries' word of the year.
In case you don't know what a selfie is, Oxford Dictionaries define it as: a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.
The word actually dates back to a 2002 posting in an Australian Web forum, but Oxford's editors say that use of the word has gone increased 17,000% since 2012.
21 Awesome McDonalds Meals You Can't Get In America
1. McDonald's Ebi Burger--Where: Japan, Singapore and other Asian markets--What it is: This sandwich features whole shrimp embedded in a crispy patty and topped with lettuce and spicy sauce. It's served on a Big Mac roll. In Japan, it's called the Ebi Filet-O.
2. McDonald's Shaka Shaka Chicken--Where: Singapore--What it is: Shaka Shaka Chicken consists of a deep fried chicken patty that's served in a paper sleeve with a packet of spices for pouring on top of it.
3. McDonald's Crock Brie--Where: Italy--What it is: These deep-fried triangles of oozing brie cheese are only available in Italy.
4. McDonald's Bacon Rolls--Where: U.K.--What it is: McDonald's has branded its Bacon Roll the "breakfast of choice for all bacon lovers." The bacon is sourced from British farms and served on a roll with either ketchup or brown sauce.
5. McDonald's Black and White Hamburger Combo--Where: China--What it is: The black burger, which is topped with white sesame seeds, has a black pepper sauce with chopped onions, according to Brian Ashcraft at Kotaku. The white burger is topped with black sesame seeds and has a spicy sauce. The burgers were available for a limited time last year and now they are back again.
6. McDonald's Taro Pie--Where: Japan and other Asian markets--What it is: Chunks of taro root covered in a sweet, bright purple sauce inside a flaky pie crust. Taro root resembles potatoes in consistency but has a stronger flavor. Taylor Tamblin compared the taste of the treat to a mild sweet potato in his blog, Man Reviews Food.
7. McDonald's McArabia--Where: Arab countries and Pakistan--What it is: Two grilled chicken patties with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and garlic sauce inside a pita.
8. McDonald's Seaweed Shaker Fries--Where: Asian markets--What it is: McDonald's serves its classic fries with a packet of seaweed flavoring for this dish.
9. McDonald's Matcha McFlurry--Where: Singapore, Japan--What it is: This twist on the McFlurry contains green tea powder, giving it the green coloring, with a heap of crushed Oreo bits.
10. Snack al Parmigiano--Where: Italy--What it is: Instead of a side of fries, at McDonald's in Italy you can get an individually wrapped bar of Parmesan cheese.
11. McDonald's Cheese Katsu Burger--Where: Japan--What's it is: The Cheese Katsu burger contains melted cheese inside fried pork cutlets with sliced cabbage and sweet and sour sauces. The dish is served on a sesame bun.
12. Bubur Ayam McD--Where: Malaysia--What it is: This breakfast treat consists of porridge, chicken strips, spring onions, sliced ginger, fried shallots and diced chillies. In Singapore, it's called Chicken SingaPorridge.
13. McDonald's Rosti Brekki Wrap--Where: Australia and New Zealand--What it is: The Rosti Brekkie Wrap contains bacon, a fried egg, a slice of cheese and a potato rosti, which is similar to a hash brown. It's served on a flour tortilla with BBQ sauce.
14. McLobster--Where: Canada--What it is: The McLobster sandwich contains 100% Atlantic lobster meat, according to McDonald's, as well as diced celery, light salad dressing and lettuce. The sandwich is served on a soft roll.
15. Bacon potato pie--Where: Japan--What it is: Chunks of potato and bacon served in the same deep-fried shell that McDonald's uses for its apple pies.
16. KiwiBurger--Where: New Zealand--What it is: Despite its name, the KiwiBurger contains no kiwi fruit. It consists of a four-ounce beef patty, griddle egg, beetroot, tomato lettuce, cheese, onions, mustard and ketchup.
17. McAloo Tikki--Where: India--What it is: The McAloo Tikki, originating in India, is a fried potato and pea patty in a bun. The sandwich recently debuted in Singapore and will be available for a limited time there.
18. Samurai Burger--Where: Asian markets--What it is: The Samurai burger comes with either a chicken patty or a beef patty coated in Teriyaki sauce with mayonnaise and lettuce. Popular sides are Seaweed Shaker Fries and Jasmine Green Tea.
19. McSpicy Paneer--Where: India--What it is: The McSpicy Paneer is a fried curd cheese patty topped with tandoori sauce, red cabbage and lettuce served on a sesame roll.
20. McDonald's Gazpacho Soup--Where: Spain--What it is: This classic summer soup is served chilled with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, celery, lemon juice and hot sauce.
21. McDonald's Poutine--Where: Canada--What it is: McDonald's drizzles gravy and cheese curds on its french fries for this traditionally Canadian dish.
Brush Often With These New Flavors Of Tooth Paste!
Firebox, the online go-to shop for fun and quirky items, is now selling both bacon- and cupcake-flavored toothpastes.
The products were created by Accoutrements, an American novelty gift company that also sells wacky products like ranch-flavored dental floss, flavorless toothpaste, pickle lip balm and French fry lip balm.
They also bacon soap, bacon candy canes, and bacon frosting for pork lovers.
Video Of The Day:
You've had to see the Jean Claud Van Dam video of him doing the splits between the w2 semi's.. Well this is a parody of that.. Too funny! Enjoy!