Happy Hump Day! The week seems to be flying by so far.. Hopefully it keeps it up, the weekend is almost here! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: The white house is the most visited home in the
Bonehead Of The Day:
A 35-year-old man made it super easy for Pennsylvania cops to find him after he shared his own "wanted" mugshot on his Facebook page.
The cops had posted it on their Facebook page, and just a few minutes after it went up on their profile, the guy liked it and shared it on his personal page.
A cop posing as an attractive woman messaged the guy and they agreed to meet up.
He was arrested when he showed up to meet her. He was originally wanted for assault charges.
Candy Crush Makers Have Trademarked The Word Candy
The creators of Candy Crush Saga trademarked the word "candy" to protect the game from "persistent intellectual property infringements."
Videogame maker King is responsible for the game that has millions of fans around the world.
Candy Crush Saga was the top downloaded free app for 2013, and the year's top revenue grossing app. It has been downloaded more than 500 million times since its launch in 2012.
The company wants to protect its game title from imitators who also use the word "candy". It got a trademark from the European Union, which will apply not only to computer games, but also to things like clothes and footwear.
King is still waiting approval for a similar trademark in the United States
Yumm.. Beer.. Jelly Bean?
Jelly Belly now has a beer-flavored jelly bean.
The candy company says customers have been requesting a beer-flavored jelly bean for years and it took them three years to create one.
The jelly bean is called Draft Beer and it's a Hefeweizen style flavor.
The beer beans are available now through Jelly Belly's website and will be in stores later this year
$100 Internet Enabled Toy Doll Chats With Children And Answers Their Questions By Searching The Internet
A new living doll chats with kids and answers their questions by searching the Internet.
The My Friend Cayla doll costs $100 and syncs with a smartphone and can recognize speech.
When asked questions they are transposed into text using Google software to allow Cayla to search of the web to find an answer. The doll then recites what she has found out.
** Parents can block any words they don't want the doll to say.
Woman Supports Her Family Of Five On $150 A Month.. And Cutting Coupons
A woman in Sacramento says she's able to completely support her entire family of 5 on $150 a month, thanks to couponing.
Yes, she has a full time job - but she also spends two hours a day searching through coupons. During her long train ride commute to and from work she spends the entire time couponing so that she can save money without taking time away from her family.
Sometimes she not only saves money, she MAKES money - she once ended a trip to WalMart where the store owed her $215. When she makes money like that she often donates it to charity.
Her expert coupon knowledge has caused her to teach a class on how to coupon and manage a Facebook group called Coast to Coast Coupons.
~~Actress, Diane Lane is 49 (A Walk on the Moon, My Dog Skip, The Perfect Storm, Unfaithful, Under Tuscan Sun, Must Love Dogs, Hollywoodland; Nights in Rodanthe; Secretariat; more)
~~Actor John Hurt ("Merlin"; "Alien") is 74.
~~Actress Beverley Mitchell ("7th Heaven"; "Saw II") is 33.
~~Foodie, Guy Fieri ("Real Deal Fast Food") is 46
~~Actress, Linda Blair ("The Exorcist") is 55
~~Actor, Seymour Cassel is 79 (Rushmore; The Royal Tenenbaums; many more)
~~Actress, Sami Gayle ("Blue Bloods") is 18
~~Actor, Balthazar Getty ("Brothers and Sisters") is 39 (Lord of the Flies)
~~Actress, Piper Laurie ("Carrie") is 82
~~Actor, Gabriel Macht ("Suits") is 42
~~Actor, Christopher Kennedy Masterson is 34 (Malcolm in the Middle's Francis, Scary Movie 2; American History X)
~~NFL star Ray Rice is 27
~~Singer Steve Perry (Journey) is 65.
~~Guitarist Ben Moody (of The Fallen; and Evanescence) is 33.
~~Singer Willa Ford is 33.
~~Steven Adler (original drummer of Guns 'N Roses) is 49
~~Singer Marc Gay (of Shai) is 45
John Stamos Super Bowl Ad: A Full House Reunion
Joh Stamos stars in a Super Bowl ad for Dannon Oikos, and a teaser shows the men of "Full House" reuniting.
The spot opens with John Stamos, seemingly alone, chowing down on some cultures and watching football. But then the camera pans right and there are Dave Coulier and Bob Saget in their pajamas.
25 Odd Ball Job Interview Questions You Should Be Ready To Answer
Careers website Glassdoor released its annual list of the top 25 oddball interview questions and this year's roundup s loaded with some classics.
The most common questions are still the basic ones: What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why do you want to work for this company?
It isn't just tech companies or Wall Street asking, either. Applebee's, Norwegian Cruise Line and Urban Outfitters made the list alongside Apple, Goldman Sachs and Yahoo.
The Top 25 Oddball Questions of the year:
1. "If you could throw a parade of any caliber through the Zappos office what type of parade would it be?" – The Zappos Family
2. "How lucky are you and why?" – Airbnb
3. "If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from scissors?" – Apple
4. "If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?" – Red Frog Events
5. "Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?" – Dell
6. "If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?" – Yahoo
7. "If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?" – Bed Bath & Beyond
8. "Do you believe in Big Foot?" – Norwegian Cruise Line
9. "Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?" – Xerox
10. "What is your least favorite thing about humanity?" – ZocDoc
11. "How would you use Yelp to find the number of businesses in the US?" – Factual
12. "How honest are you?" – Allied Telesis
13. "How many square feet of pizza is eaten in the US each year?" – Goldman Sachs
14. "Can you instruct someone how to make an origami 'cootie catcher' with just words?" – LivingSocial
15. "If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?" – McKinsey & Company
16. "You're a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why?"– Urban Outfitters
17. "How does the internet work?" – Akamai
18. "If there was amovie produced about your life, who would play you, and why?"– SinglePlatform
19. "What's the color of money???...." – American Heart Association
20. "What was the last gift you gave someone?" – Gallup
21. "What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?" – Applebee's
22. "How many snow shovels sold in the US last year?" – TASER
23. "It's Thursday, we're staffing you on a telecommunications project in Calgary, Canada on Monday. Your flight and hotel are booked; your visa is ready. What are the top five things you do before you leave?" – ThoughtWorks
24. "Most unexpected question: Describe to me the process and benefits of wearing a seatbelt." – Active Network
25. "Have you ever been on a boat?" – Applied Systems
The Mobile Phone That Lets You Send 320 Different Smells
New technology has been created where a device similar to a phone can send up to 320 different kinds of smells to other devices of its kind.
The oPhone is a device with a sensor inside that releases smells - and it will soon be able to hold thousands of them.
The idea is that the device might be able to be used to trigger different scents for when you're shopping in a store, reading a book, watching a movie or a television show.
With multipe oPhones being able to transmit at one time they could send out different scents, too.
Video Of The Day:
So, you can't get that song out of your head? You probably have an earworm. Why is this happening? Well, science isn't very clear on this yet. Laci sits down and to discuss what we do know about earworms, and offers some advice on how to get rid of them.