Good Morning! Happy Hump Day! The weekend is almost here! So is our CMN Radiothon.. Next week! Can't believe it's already that time of year.. Don't miss it! Anywho here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. This famous U.S building has over 6.5 million square feet of space. What building?
A. The Pentagon
Bonehead Of The Day
A student from Auburn University faces twelve charges after he tried to act out "Grand Theft Auto" in real life Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The 20-year-old student got into a running car while a woman was still in it. He crashed into several parked cars.
The man is being charged with vehicle theft, kidnapping and nine counts of hitting other cars and fleeing.
Epic Food Fight
A large food fight took place at a Whataburger restaurant in Texas between high school students from rival schools.
The two schools had come from a football game, and one school was bragging about their team winning.
The restaurant had to shut down part of the dining room for about a half hour after students threw trays, fries and drinks at each other. One student recorded the fight and put it on Instagram.
Whataburger will not press charges but a school district spokesman said suspensions are likely once they find out the students who were involved.
Newsroom Brawl... Cue Ron Burgondy!
Two Arkansas weathermen (Jeff Baskin of and Keith Monahan) were arrested along with several members of their news stations after a fight broke out between them.
During one's forecast, he said, "Unlike what other community college educated meteorologist will tell you, the rain should hold off until midday Sunday where we will have a 40% chance at showers and isolated thunderstorms."
The other weatherguy took a jab back during his own forecast saying, "Pay no attention to what some Cajun who has married all 5 of his cousins at some point says, pack your ponchos this Saturday because we are going to see a 50% chance of rain starting in the afternoon Saturday and ending well before Sunday."
Weatherman # 1 then returned to his desk to find a note from Weatherman # 2, which said, "Meet me by the flag pole out front" and police caught them outside fighting, along with some of their co-workers.
Both weathermen were charged with inciting a riot and are being held, but their boss has requested they be allowed to do tonight's weather reports live from adjacent cells.
Imagine His Surprise! Man Finds $100 Bills In Boxes Of Cookies
A man found two $100 bills in boxes of snickerdoodle cookies he bought at Walmart in Salem, Oregon .
The man bought a box of cookies from the store, and when he opened it at home, a $100 bill popped out.
So he decided to go back to Walmart to check out the other boxes of cookies. He found another $100 bill in another box of cookies.
He went to customer service who confirmed the bills were real. They let him keep the $200 . The store manager suspects this may be the work of a Good Samaritan.
66 Year Old Falls Down Flight Of Stairs, Get's Married before Going To The Hospital
A 66-year-old year old woman had to sit down for her wedding after she fell down a flight of steps.
The woman didn't want to cancel her wedding after shattering her elbow, so she sat down for the wedding ceremony. Afterwards, she was taken to a local hospital.
The woman said the minister asked her if she knew where she was and who she was marrying. After she said yes, they went through with the ceremony.
The woman said the worst part of everything was that she missed her reception but is very happy to be married. She now sports an artificial elbow.
99 Year Old Woman From Cedar Falls Gets High School Diploma
A 99-year-old woman in Cedar Falls, Iowa got her high school diploma.
The woman dropped out of a high school more than 80 years ago to care for her sick grandmother despite needing only one credit to graduate.
The woman ran a flower shop for most of her life but always regretted never getting her diploma. He granddaughter contacted a local high school to help arrange the diploma ceremony.
She received the diploma at a school board meeting surrounded by family and friends.
~~ABC Newswoman/'The View' creator, Barbara Walters is 84
~~Actor-rapper Will Smith is 45. (The Fresh Prince with D.J. Jazzy Jeff; The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Independence Day, Men in Black movies, Wild Wild West, Ali, Bad Boys II, I Robot, Shark Tale, Hitch, The Pursuit of Happiness, I Am Legend, Hancock, Seven Pounds; many more)
~~Actor Michael Douglas is 69. (The Streets of San Francisco's Insp. Steve Keller, The China Syndrome, Wall Street, The American President, The Game, A Perfect Murder, Wonder Boys, Traffic, It Runs in the Family, the In-Laws, The Sentinel, You Me and Dupree; Wall Street II; wife Catherine Zeta-Jones's B-Day, too)
~~Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones is 44. (Traffic, America's Sweethearts, Chicago, Sinbad, Intolerable Cruelty, The Terminal, Ocean's Twelve, The Legend of Zorro; man more)
~~Model Cheryl Tiegs is 66.
~~Actress Heather Locklear is 52. (Going Places, Melrose Place, Spin City; Tommy Lee's ex-wife, Richie Sambora's ex-wife)
~~Actor Donald Glover ("Community") is 30
~~Actor, Hal Sparks is 44 (Queer as Folk)
~~Comedian, Brian Dunkleman is 42 (will forever be known as the guy who cohosted 'American Idol' for one season-- alongside Ryan Seacrest)
~~Ex Playboy bunny, Bridget Marquardt ("The Girls Next Door") is 40
~~Actor Robert Walden ("Lou Grant") is 70
~~Actress Mimi Kennedy ("Dharma and Greg") is 64.
~~Actor Anson Williams (Potsy from "Happy Days") is 64
~~Actor Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker from 'Star Wars' movies) is 62.
~~Actor Michael Madsen is 55. ( Reservoir Dogs; Species movies; Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & 2; more)
~~Actress Aida Turturro ("The Sopranos") is 51.
~~Actor Tate Donovan ("The O.C.") is 50. (Damages)
~~Actor Jason Flemyng ("The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") is 47. (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; Snatch; The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
~~Actress Bridgette Wilson-Sampras ("I Know What You Did Last Summer") is 40. (Santa Barbara, Last Action Hero, Mortal Kombat, Billy Madison; married to former tennis star Pete Sampras)
~~Actor Lee Norris ("One Tree Hill") is 32.
~~Actress Emmy Clarke ("Monk") is 22.
~~NBA legend Scottie Pippen is 48
~~NBA legend Bob McAdoo is 62
~~Former NFL QB Matt Hasselbeck is 38
~~Rapper T.I. is 33
~~Singer Diana Ortiz (of Dream) is 28.
~~Drummer, Mike Luce (Drowning Pool) is 42
~~Country drummer, Nancy Given Prout (Porter Wagoner's band) is 53
~~Bassist, Steve Severin (Siouxsie and the Banshees) is 58
10 Surprising Uses For Honey
1. Shine up your hair--Add 1 teaspoon honey to a quart of warm water, dilute, then soak your hair in the mixture post-shampoo (no, you don't need to rinse it, since it's already diluted). You can also use straight honey on the ends of your hair to calm frizzies.
2. Facewash--Just mix a small dollop of honey with a bit of warm water in the palm of your hand, then massage over face, working up and out.
3. Fight parasites--A drink made of equal parts honey, vinegar and water is a well-known cure for "backpacker's stomach."
4. Clean cuts--Honey is naturally antimicrobial (that's why it literally lasts forever; it has been found in tombs). So slather a bit on scrapes, minor cuts and basic burns, always using a clean implement, of course. Lightly cover the wound - basically you can use honey like a natural antibiotic cream. Scientists are actually using the bee product as a potential future source of antibacterial proteins.
5. Get rid of acne--Dab a bit of straight honey on your pimple, and let it sit for a half-hour, then gently rinse off. Repeat the next day; this works best for whiteheads.
6. In the bath--If you are out of bath salts and oils, add 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to your bathwater; it will moisturize and condition skin, and smell lovely too.
7. Anxiety relief--Whether mixed in with a calming tea (try chamomile, fennel or lavender, or a mix thereof), on its own, or added to oatmeal at the start of the day, honey has been used in India to calm nervousness, especially the kind associated with the stomach.
8: Make lip balm--It's as simple as combining beeswax, olive oil, cocoa butter and honey.
9: Fight insomnia--If you don't have much trouble falling asleep, but tend to wake up in the middle of the night, it could be totally natural or it could be due to stress hormones being out of tune. A bit of salted honey can help reset these hormones and get you back to sleep. You only need a small amount, so use a teaspoon or egg spoon to keep yourself from overindulging.
10. Soothe a sore throat or cough--Honey has been shown to be as effective at calming coughs as over-the-counter cough medicines. Take it straight, or mix honey with a bit of coconut oil and lemon juice for extra benefits.
Video Of The Day:
I found this interesting.. Love life hacks!