Well hello! Happy hump day! Hope you have a great day! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: The average adult will go through 12 lbs of WHAT this year?
Bonehead Of The Day:
Cops in Lexington, KY were surprised when they responded to a burglary alarm to find an elaborate marijuana grow operation.
Someone broke into a home and tripped the alarm.
When cops showed up they found twelve small pot plants on the first floor.
After getting a search warrant, they found another two dozen plants in the basement, plus plumbing, lighting, and exhaust set up for a grow house.
Cops arrested the 55-year-old homeowner on a felony.
Sad It Has To Come To This.. Honda Working On A Warning System For People Walking Into Traffic On Their Cell Phones.
Automakers are working on a warning system that will use GPS on smartphones that will keep people from walking in front of traffic -- and drivers from hitting people.
A person would get an alert on their smartphone when they are close to a car's path. The driver would get an alert on their dashboard if they are close to hitting a person.
Honda is working with the University of Michigan to get the system going but it could still be years away. One is being worked on for motorcycles as well.
A New Bracelet Replaces Logins, Keys, And Even Wallets With Your Own Heartbeat
Introducing... the Nymi bracelet.
It stores countless passwords and pin numbers for you and unlocks devices just by going near them. Unlock your car, your phone, your tablet - just about anything just be walking near it.
The bracelet works with your unique cardiac rhythm - which means if someone steals your bracelet they won't be able to hack into your personal items.
The future for this bracelet is wide open - it can be used to help you make monetary transactions or use gestures to make certain commands happen.
Family Uncovers 300K In Spanish Gold
A family in Florida found $300,000 in Spanish gold off the coast.
The family found 64 feet of gold chain, five gold coins, and a gold ring some 150 yards off the coast of Fort Pierce and about 15 feet underwater.
The gold is about 300 years old, leftover from 11 Spanish ships that went down in a hurricane in 1715, earning the area the nickname "Treasure Coast."
The state gets to keep up to 20% of the treasure for museum display... while the family and the company that holds local diving rights will share the rest.
~~TV Host, Dr. Drew Pinsky is 55 ( Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew; Lifechangers)
~~Actor/comedian, Damon Wayans is 53 (In Living Color; Blaine Edwards, Whiz, & Anton; I'm Gonna Git Ya Sucka, My Wife and Kids, Blankman)
~~Actor Max Greenfield ("New Girl") is 34.
~~Actor, Wes Bentley is 35 (American Beauty, The Four Feathers; The Hunger Games)
~~Actress, Whitney Cummings ("Whitney") is 31
~~Reality 'star', Adrienne Maloof ("The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills") is 52
~~Disgraced NY Congressman, Anthony Weiner is 49
~~Actress, Ione Skye is 43 ( Say Anything…; River's Edge)
~~Actor, Noah Taylor is 44 (Almost Famous, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
~~Actress, Khandi Alexander ("Treme"; "CSI: Miami") is 56 (There's Something About Mary)
~~Cartoon Voiceover Artist, John Dimaggio is 45
~~Actor, Jason Frank is 40 (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' Tommy)
~~Actress, Mitzi Gaynor is 82 (South Pacific)
~~Actress, Judith Ivey is 62 (White Collar; Flags of Our Fathers; The Devil's Advocate)
~~Actor, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs (Washington on "Welcome Back, Kotter") is 60 (The Jacksons: An American Dream)
~~Actress Jennifer Salt ("Soap") is 69. (Midnight Cowboy)
~~Actor Trevor Gagnon ("The New Adventures of Old Christine") is 18. (Big Fish)
~~Singer/actress, Nona Gaye (Marvin's daughter) is 39 (Matrix movies; Crash)
~~Former baseball star, Mike Piazza is 45
~~Former NFL star, Hank Baskett is 31 (married to Kendra Wilkinson)
~~Singer/Actress, Beyonce Knowles is 32 (Dreamgirls; Austin Powers in Goldmember; Cadillac Records; Obsessed)
~~Drummer Martin Chambers (of The Pretenders) is 62
~~Guitarist Kim Thayil (of Soundgarden) is 53
~~R&B singer Richard Wingo (of Jagged Edge) is 38
~~Singer Dan Miller (of O-Town) is 33
~~DJ/producer Mark Ronson is 38
~~Steve Gadd (longtime drummer in Eric Clapton's band) is 68
~~Guitarist, Gary Duncan (Quicksilver Messenger Service) is 67
~~Drummer, Greg Elmore (also of Quicksilver Messenger Service) is 67
~~Singer Merald "Bubba" Knight (of Gladys Knight and the Pips) is 71
~~Bassist Ronald LaPread (The Commodores) is 63
~~Singer, Blackie Lawless ( W.A.S.P.) is 57
~~Bassist, Joe Long (The Four Seasons) is 72
~~Singer-guitarist Tom Gossin (of Gloriana) is 32
~~Singer/songwriter, Noel Haggard is 50
Facebook Bad For Teens... Maybe.. Otherwise We Wouldn't Be Doing This Story Would We :)
Facebook is a bad influence for teens.
Researchers found that teens who see friends smoking and drinking in photographs posted on Facebook are more likely to smoke and drink themselves.
And teens whose close friends don't drink were more likely to be affected by seeing the posts of other friends drinking.
18 To 35 Year Olds Search For The Dumbest Things on Yahoo
Yahoo recently shared some of the top searches from users 18-35. They include:
how to twerk
how to boil an egg
what is molly
what is a ratchet makeover
what is hummus
what is a synonym
what is hpv
what is a gif
how to write a resume
who is robin thicke
Ladies... Here's Some Things To Make Sure Your Man Stays Healthy For You.
1. Decorate Your Plate--A study found that men whose diets were highest in fruits and vegetables had a 70 percent lower risk of digestive-tract cancers. Never eat a meal that doesn't contain a vegetable or fruit. And no, fries don't count.
2. Dry-Brush Your Teeth--It cuts tartar by 60 percent and also reduces the risk of bleeding gums by half. Use a dry, soft brush to scrub the insides of your top and bottom teeth, then buff the outer surfaces. Rinse, spit, and brush briefly with toothpaste.
3. Never Skip Breakfast--A survey of more than 2,000 people who lost an average of 67 pounds and kept the weight off for more than 5 years found that 78 percent ate breakfast 7 days a week.
4. Eat More Pasta--Two to four servings of tomato sauce a week can cut your prostate-cancer risk by 34 percent.
5. Judge Cholesterol with Contact Lenses--A diet full of fat, protein, or alcohol weakens your tears' ability to block cholesterol from adhering to the lenses. This results in cloudy deposits. If your diet is destroying your contacts, just imagine what it's doing to your arteries.
6. Go Fishing Once a Week--Eating one serving of fish per week can halve your risk of a sudden fatal heart attack. The secret ingredient in fish is omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is especially high in them.
7. Protect Your Erection with Blueberries--They contain compounds that improve circulation, and they're loaded with artery-scrubbing soluble fiber. Eat your berries fresh or in a smoothie three times a week.
8. Request the Chilean Red--To reduce your risk of cancer, drink red wine from Chile. Chilean cabernet sauvignon is 38 percent higher than French wine in flavonols, which are antioxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals.
9. Lend a Hand--Men who do volunteer work at least once a week have half the death rate of those who don't.
10. Crunch Away Back Pain--Seventy-five percent of all lower-back problems can be prevented by building your abdominal muscles. Aim for a dozen crunches every day.
11. Order Thin-Crust Pizza--It has a third fewer calories than thick-crust pie. Blot the cheese with a napkin to cut even more fat.
12. Skip That Second Cup--The caffeine in 2 cups of coffee adds 16 beats per minute to your heart rate.
13. Save Your Marriage--An unhappy one increases your chance of getting sick by 35 percent and shortens your life expectancy by 4 years.
14. Exercise Depression Away--Exercising for 40 minutes can reduce stress. In fact, studies show that working out on a regular basis can be as effective as taking antidepressants like Prozac.
15. Fall Asleep with Cherries--Cherries and cherry juice are concentrated sources of melatonin, a popular over-the-counter sleep aid.
16. Put a Shoe on Your Pillow--It'll determine whether your pillow supports your head and neck adequately. Fold the pillow in half and put a shoe on top; if the pillow springs back, it's okay.
17. "Kur" Your Fatigue--If you wake unusually early, dampen a towel with cool water and lightly wipe your arms, legs, and torso, then go back to bed. The body is very warm when it comes out of REM sleep. Back in bed, the body heats up even more. The result is a deep, restful sleep and more dreams. Called kur, this technique is standard at European spas.
18. Raise Your Rearview--To prevent slouching on long drives, tilt your rearview mirror up a bit. That way, you'll have to sit up to see the cars behind.
19. Take Vitamin E and Aspirin Daily--Researchers have found that this antioxidant-and-blood-thinner combination can reduce arterial plaque by 80 percent.
20. Have a Banana--The potassium it contains can lower blood pressure. One per day is all it takes.
Video Of The Day:
Some trick-shot artists from Australia are destined for the Guinness record book after sinking a basketball shot from 321 feet.
A 21-year-old member of the ‘How Ridiculous' troop launched the ball from a Netherlands skyscraper and found nothin' but net. It took the group 90 minutes to make the successful toss, which was for charity.